Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tanner's first Temple Trip


Last Friday we had a really neat experience. Tanner was able to go to the temple with us for the first time and do some baptisms for family members. Let me back up a little bit here...since Brent's family is the first to be members of the church, there is a lot of family history work to do. He has been really feeling strongly that he needed to start working on his geneology. He was so excited to be able to take his two grandmas and one grandpa's name to the temple. It was especially neat because Tanner got to go. We were able to go with my mom and dad as well and help them do some of their family names.

6 comments:

The Becker Bunch said...

Ahhhhhhh...what a memorable experience!! I just recently did my grandparents names and it was AMAZING! I am sure he will remember this for a long time to come. (ps. your hubby sorta let the cat out of the bag at the daddy/daughter breakfast...YEAH!!! Let me know if you need anything!!)

Shannon said...

What a neat experience for you three. Definitely a treasure!

Capitol Ward Canning Info said...

Wow, I am so happy for Tanner. I totally understand that feeling of needing to do your family's work, that is so wonderful that he is taking the time to understand it and do it! Great job Tanner!

Heidi and Jace said...

How cool to have a teenager! To go on Temple trips! I loved going as a youth. You have such a cute family!

Vona said...

Loved the picture of Tanner infront
of the Temple! What a special day
that was to get to be in the
Temple with you & participate in
that very important work! It's hard
to describe in words the feeling you get & feel. So glad we got
to do that together!!! A great
experience!!

andreamatrix said...

That is so cool! I've only got 1 more year and Trev will be old enough. YIKES~ I'm too young for that...