Tuesday, June 3, 2008

LARYNGITIS

So anyone who has talked to me lately knows I have an absolutely "awful-sounding" voice. It started out with a bad head cold about five weeks ago and ever since then, I have had laryngitis. I sound awful. People keep asking me if I'm ever going to get better. I keep wondering the same thing! I have even been through a full course of antibiotics, which was for the sinus infection that came after the head cold, but with no relief. I've done some research and it's recommended you not talk and get a lot of rest when you have this....ha, ha, funny!! My point in all this is I was sitting at church on Sunday and wanting to sing the hymns so badly. I started to cry because I realized how grateful I am for my voice (when I do have it) and how often I have taken it for granted. I enjoy singing so much and it made me so sad that I couldn't even sing the hymns. So, please pray for me that I will get my normal voice back soon and don't ever take your voice for granted!

1 comment:

Loric said...

I'm so sorry about your voice. Things like that do make you realize the little things that you're blessed with. I'll pray for you. . . ;)